Saturday, March 12, 2016

Reasoning Test - 3

About Data Sufficiency

This topic covers most of the topics of reasoning i.e. alphabetical series, coding and decoding, blood relation, direction, ranking etc. In data sufficiency, we don’t have to find an answer rather we have to analyze the given data and decide whether the given data is sufficient to find an answer or not. Direction: The question below consists of a question followed by two statements labelled as I and II. You have to decide if these statements are sufficient to conclusively answer the question. Give your answer as:

(a) If statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question;
(b) If statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question;
(c) Both statement I and II together are needed to answer the question;
(d) Either statement I or II is sufficient to answer the question;
(e) If statement I and II together also are not sufficient to answer the question;


Q.1. Six persons M, N, O, P, Q, and R are sitting in a row. M and R are sitting at two extreme ends of the row. N is to the immediate right of M and P is 2nd to the left of R. What is the position of Q with respect to P?

I. Q is to the right of M.
II. T is to the left of O.




Q.2.Mita's flat is on which floor of the fivefloor apartment?

(I) Her flat is exactly above sita's flat whose flat is exactly above Nitesh's first floor.
. (II) Jay's flat, which is adjacent to Mita's flat and exactly below Anand's flat who is on fourth floor



Q.3. Which word in the code language means ‘they’?

I.‘ras pak leun’ means 'I have pens’ and ‘pak ras tap' means ‘they have pens’.
II. ‘kip ras tun’ means ‘boys have cow’ and ‘sin tap ras' means ‘they have egg.’



Q.4. On which date in January is Prakash mother’s birthday?

I. Prakash remembers that his mother's birthday is after 16th but before 23th January.
II. Prakash's brother correctly remembers that his mother's birthday is after 20th but before 27th January.



Q.5. What is the age of Mukund?

I. Raj is 5 years older than Monu.
II. Raj's elder sister was born in May, 2006.



Q.6. Who is the sister of M?

I. K is brother of M.
II. M's father is K's mother's husband.



Q.7. How is A related to B?

I.B is the only son of D who is the daughter of A's father.
II.B is the father of C and is the only son of A's mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment